January 8, 2009

While I was gone

This is what's happened:

Collage 1
Collage 2Picnik collage 1

Both Charlie and Maudie turned 12; she started junior high. Shockingly, junior high is now considered 'fun', probably because they all have personal phones and are available by text and IM 24/7.

My mom got sick, and then she got better.

I happily reconnected with an old friend, thanks to Jane.

Snuffy went from a 38 lb. weakling to a 55 lb. stud. (Also, he got neutered.)

We drove to Chicago, to Boston and to Florida.

My cousin was ordained as a minister.

I took a quilting class. Quilting is okay; there is a lot of ironing, which is also okay. I experienced a lot of junior high home-ec class sewing machine anxiety. For me, junior high was not fun.

For Christmas, I baked cookies, knitted mittens, juiced a lot of oranges and received a new iron.

There was knitting, and planning knitting projects, although I was completely silent.

Now I'm back.

Peace to everyone in 2009!


Denise said...

Hi there, glad to see you post. I've had you in my bloglines for ages but seen no updates. Welcome back to bloggyville :-)
and Happy New Year!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yay--Purlfriend is in the house, woot woot!

a friend to knit with said...

glad to have you back!!!