January 14, 2008

Manos Madness!!!



The thing I love about knitting is that all knitters, known and unknown, are friends. Once we find each other, the connection is instant. You can have a new best friend three sentences into a conversation. I think that Ravelry - in my opinion, the greatest thing since sliced bread, demonstrates this phenomenon.

Yesterday I received a box containing 22 skeins of black Manos del Uruguay, all wound neatly into cakes, with the ball bands neatly tucked in each one. My mother's friend Muriel has had this yarn for who knows how long, offered it to my mother, and when she didn't want it, suggested she send it on to me. If she had sent me a box of money I would not be happier than I am with this lovely and unexpected gift!



What will I do with this windfall? The mind reels. The possibilities seem endless...an enormous black afghan? Several felted bags? How about a giant felted dog bed for Snuffy? Matching sweaters for my tweens? Our boy would like it, our girl might deem it too emo.

But, before all that, I've got a few UFOs that are crying for attention. To that end, I entered this contest to spur me along. I've got a Clapotis, a Wicked and a felted kitty toy (don't ask) to choose from.

Oh, and no pajama sightings this week.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

A box of money, that's a good one!!

Well, I think father/son seemless Hybrids would be super cute, but would need to be knit under an Ott lite...

a friend to knit with said...

how wonderful! it is so true about knitters...all woven together like tiny stitches. and it feels so great! :)

look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Anonymous said...

||||||||||
||||||||||
|||$$$$|||
|||$$$$|||
||||||||||
||||||||||