October 1, 2007

Adding Insult to Injury


Thanks so much to all who sent get-well wishes to me and get-lost wishes to Casty. I did break down over the weekend and tried to do a little knitting. I did two rows on the Clapotis. Not only was it slow and laborious, but I felt like I was knitting with my shoe. At the end of row two I realized that my right thumb was also starting to hurt. Enough said. 28 more days and I can resume my knitting life.

In the meantime, I've been fretting about all the Christmas knitting that won't get done, cleaning and de-crumbing the toaster, and looking for other ways to use the yarn around the house.

Here you see some lovely fragrant rosemary from a friend's amazing kitchen garden -- all tied up to dry with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. Tomorrow I'll tie up the rest -- thyme, oregano, sage and tarragon. All is not lost!




6 comments:

sophanne said...

Just buy some wool and needles for those people you were going to xmas knit for- let them knit for themselves!

a friend to knit with said...

SO funny, knitting with your shoe....
oh, everything will get accomplished.....in due time...

The_Add_Knitter said...

Aren't you glad to have the perfect excuse for no Christmas knitting? Maybe I should fake an injury...

Jennifer said...

Hmm, yes, perhaps this is the year to give yourself a break from the mania of holiday gift-knitting. Or you can be like me and try to do all of it the week before :) Keeps life interesting.

K. said...

I think I would die if I couldn't knit. It just wouldn't be the same as procrastinating my knitting. At least you have Ravelry to keep you going!

K2Karen said...

Ya know, this would be a great time to practice dyeing. You could play with fiber, and color, and not hurt!