October 1, 2007

Adding Insult to Injury


Thanks so much to all who sent get-well wishes to me and get-lost wishes to Casty. I did break down over the weekend and tried to do a little knitting. I did two rows on the Clapotis. Not only was it slow and laborious, but I felt like I was knitting with my shoe. At the end of row two I realized that my right thumb was also starting to hurt. Enough said. 28 more days and I can resume my knitting life.

In the meantime, I've been fretting about all the Christmas knitting that won't get done, cleaning and de-crumbing the toaster, and looking for other ways to use the yarn around the house.

Here you see some lovely fragrant rosemary from a friend's amazing kitchen garden -- all tied up to dry with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. Tomorrow I'll tie up the rest -- thyme, oregano, sage and tarragon. All is not lost!




6 comments:

sophanne said...

Just buy some wool and needles for those people you were going to xmas knit for- let them knit for themselves!

a friend to knit with said...

SO funny, knitting with your shoe....
oh, everything will get accomplished.....in due time...

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Aren't you glad to have the perfect excuse for no Christmas knitting? Maybe I should fake an injury...

YawnOver said...

Hmm, yes, perhaps this is the year to give yourself a break from the mania of holiday gift-knitting. Or you can be like me and try to do all of it the week before :) Keeps life interesting.

Unknown said...

I think I would die if I couldn't knit. It just wouldn't be the same as procrastinating my knitting. At least you have Ravelry to keep you going!

K2Karen said...

Ya know, this would be a great time to practice dyeing. You could play with fiber, and color, and not hurt!